Monday, November 28, 2005

There is no longer any justification for this

The invasion and subsequent occupation of Iraq now has no legitimacy whatsoever. Lofty aims and claims of disarming Saddam of his WMD and then of spreading democracy have now been shown to be cruel deceptions.

The ever changing rationale for entering and then staying in Iraq cannot hide one underlying truth. Pre-emptive invasion of a non-threatening sovereign state is immoral, unethical, illegal and evil.

The invasion did not disarm Saddam, he was already disarmed, as our intelligence prior to the war suspected. Not one single pre-invasion claim of Saddam retaining his WMD capability has stood up to scrutiny. NOT ONE! In fact, every claim that he was was disproved BEFORE the invasion happened.

So we had to invade to protect the Iraqis from their brutal dictator. Saddam was another Hitler, threatening the entire world. This was bullshit too! Claims of his putting people through meat grinders proved to be just as false as his fantasy WMD arsenal. Yes he was a brutal dictator, but no worse than many, many others in the world, yet still, he was not a threat to us and in fact was becoming less dictatorial with every year that passed. As he feared assasination, he was becoming more and more reclusive and spent the majority of his time writing awful romance novels.

Now the UK/US have illegally invaded a nation that was no threat, used chemical weapons against civillians, set up torture facilities where innocent people where tortured to death and now we have, former Iraq Prime Minister, Allawi coming out and saying that the situation for Iraqis is now worse than under Saddam Hussien!

When will this madness end with the public trials of Tony Blair and George W Bush?

Saddam's trial rightly continues today, Bush' and Blair's MUST follow soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your site while researching an American jury paper...and realized how f*****g right you are. I voted for Bush, naively, and mainly because I didn’t like Kerry, but wow I never would have thought this would happen. I recently rented United 93, and finished the book Why America Slept. I can’t tell you how absolutely devastated I am at my own country. I can’t believe we, the most powerful country in the world would allow this to continue, yet we do. I just want to say your words moved me, and I can’t thank you enough for bringing more enlightenment into my upside down world. As long as you keep writing, I’ll keep reading! Lets hope others will too.