Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Journey Of A Democrat

The Journey Of A Democrat To Ron Paul And The Constitution
By Martha Newhouse
© 2007 Martha Newhouse

As a life-long Democrat, I should be excited as the 2008 race for President of the United States begins. I should be excited to talk with friends and family about how the Democrats are poised to take the White House back. I should be gleeful at how helpful it has been that George Bush has made such a mess of things that any Republican candidate is going to be painted with the same Iraq war brush. At this point my only problem should be, who will I put my energy behind, Clinton, Obama, Edwards, or Kucinich?
But that is not happening. I am already working to elect Republican Ron Paul for president in 2008. How on earth did an active Democrat make a whip-lash, 180-degree turn to support a congressman from Texas, who says he's a "Constitutionalist?" ...more

No comments: